I've had this sitting on my hard drive for a while, and pop culture questions don't get any fresher as they sit. Questions have been pulled from various sources, mostly magazines I've purchased or acquired in the last 6 months.
1. The name of what 1980 album by The Police comes from the Sanskrit for "top of the world"?
2. For much of the summer of 1967, what group's "Headquarters" was the Number 2 album in the US, behind the Beatles' Number 1 "Sgt. Pepper"?
3. What is the performing name of Stephen Bier, the former keyboard player for Marilyn Manson?
4. Released in 2007, "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" is the second album from what group?
5. "Let the Music Do the Talking" and "I've Got the Rock'n'Rolls Again" were the 2 albums from which group, created when a disagrement led to the departure of one of the members of Aerosmith?
6. Who is the only player to hit a grand slam in Major League Baseball's All-Star Game?
7. Who is the only player to hit an inside-the-park home run in Major League Baseball's All-Star Game?
8. Kenneth Branagh's 2007 adaptation of Shakespeare's "As You Like It" was set in what country?
9. "That Ain't Right" was a 2007 HBO comedy special from what comedian?
10. Played by David Duchovny in the Showtime series "Californication", who is the fictional author of "God Hates Us All"?
11. What film director cameos in the movie "Hot Fuzz" as a Santa Claus who stabs Mick Angel in the hand?
12. Who played Dr. Robert Caldwell on "St. Elsewhere" and orthopedic surgeon Jack McNeil on "Chicago Hope"?
13. Originally aired August 29, 1967, "The Judgment (Part 2)" was the record-setting final episode of what ABC drama?
14. Who was the model for the look of Clarence Boddicker, the villain played by Kurtwood Smith in the 1987 movie "RoboCop"?
15. What song serves as closing credits theme music in all three of Matt Damon's "Bourne" films?
16. Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe are the competing subjects of what 2007 gaming documentary?
17. What director's films include "What About Bob?", "Bowfinger", and the 2004 remake of "The Stepford Wives"?
18. Who is the author of the graphic novel "Persepolis", about growing up in Iran during the Islamic revolution?
19. What two actors play the title roles in the 2007 film "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"?
20. Originally called Neue Haas Grotesk, what typeface -celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2007- is currently known by the Latin name for Switzerland?
21. What groundbreaking 1957 book started out as a much-rejected magazine article entitled "Are Women Wasting Their Time in College?"
22. Residents of what US state may be known as "Yoopers" or "Trolls", depending on where in the state they live?
23. Manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, the diabetes drug rosiglitazone maleate -being investigated for its link to increased risk of heart attacks- is better known by what brand name?
24. Which Presidential hopeful for 2008 is the author of "Turnaround: Crisis, Leadership, and the Olympic Games"?
25. Which Presidential hopeful for 2008 is the author of "Dreams from My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope"?
26. Which Presidential hopeful for 2008 recounts his experiences as a trial lawyer in the 2003 book "Four Trials"?
27. To a numismatist, what is the significance of "Peace Medal", "Keelboat", "Buffalo" and "Ocean in View"?
28. What is the name of Johnny Cash's first wife, author of the 2007 memoir "I Walked the Line"?
29. 2007's "The Wheel of Darkness" is the 8th novel featuring what FBI special agent created by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child and known only by his last name?
30. What Showtime original series was inspired by a series of books by Jeff Lindsay?
31. Who are the hosts of the singing game shows "Don't Forget the Lyrics" (on Fox) and "The Singing Bee" (on NBC)?
32. What best-selling album, first released in 1984, was dedicated "to the virgins of the world"?
33. "Faked My Own Death", "Broke Joy's Fancy Figurine", and "Stole Beer from a Golfer" are episodes from the first season of what sitcom?
34. Kitty Wells's 1952 country music hit "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels" was written in response to a line from what Hank Thompson song?
35. What Siouxsie and the Banshees song was the first-ever number one on the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart, when it debuted in 1988?
1. Zenyatta Mondatta 2. The Monkees 3. Madonna Wayne Gacy 4. Maroon 5 5. The Joe Perry Project 6. Fred Lynn, then with the California Angels 7. Ichiro Suzuki 8. Japan 9. Bob Saget 10. Hank Moody 11. Peter Jackson 12. Mark Harmon 13. The Fugitive 14. Heinrich Himmler 15. "Extreme Ways" by Moby 16. The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters 17. Frank Oz 18. Marjane Satrapi 19. Brad Pitt (James) and Casey Affleck (Ford) 20. Helvetica 21. The Feminine Mystique 22. Michigan 23. Avandia 24. Mitt Romney 25. Barack Obama 26. John Edwards 27. They were the new reverse designs for nickels minted in 2004 and 2005 in honor of the Lewis and Clark expedition 28. Vivian Cash 29. Special Agent Pendergast 30. Dexter 31. Wayne Brady (Lyrics) and Joey Fatone (Bee) 32. Madonna's "Like a Virgin" 33. My Name is Earl 34. The Wild Side of Life 35. Peek-a-Boo