Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Trivia Hall of Fame, continued

In anticipation of this weekend's induction at TCONA of Brad Rutter & David Wallechinsky, Irving Wallace and Amy Wallace to the Trivia Hall of Fame, I dug up my old copies of Trivia Unlimited magazine to find the write-ups for the earlier inductees to the original Trivia Hall of Fame. (I did Casey Kasem last year, and I wanted to finish the set.)

It looks like I don't have a copy (either print or Xerox) of the May 1980 issue, introducing the Hall of Fame and featuring the induction of Robert Ripley. But I was able to find the May 1981 and 1982 issues, and so I present the inductions of Art Fleming and James Parish.

Art Fleming (from Trivia Unlimited, May 1981)

(I wish I could get a bigger version of that picture.)

This is the second bio of Fleming I've featured on this blog. At some point between 1974 and 1981 he married and had a couple of kids. Good for him!

James Parish (from Trivia Unlimited, May 1982)


Bonus write-up of the California State University Trivia Bowl (also from Trivia Unlimited, May 1982)

If you haven't already, you can still vote for next years honorees here.

No comments: